Sunday, January 29, 2012

ANC 49: Small Hero

168. Imagine that you are a "hero" or "heroine" for one day during any time period and under any circumstances. Write a creative essay describing your experience. (Notre Dame)


In the pitch black darkness, I heard noises of whips coming out of a small alley. I peeped cautiously. There was a man rebuking small kids wearing torn clothes. He seemed to ask money from them. I knew I had to do something. Calling the police was the first thing I did. But I had to stop the man before the kids got hurt anymore. Until the police came I had to prevent the man from killing the kids. I looked around and found a stick. 


I had to make sure that I was careful. As soon as I entered the alley, the man noticed me. He smirked seeing that I was the only one to notice the situation. He simply asked me to go away, but I refused and continued to walk towards the kids. I told him to stop hitting children like a jerk. It made him get mad at me and raise his whip. As I saw the whip coming towards me, I took the stick and caught the end of the whip. The whip then rolled around the stick, and as soon as that happened I pulled the stick at a very quick, powerful speed. Thankfully, the man seemed to be drunk and he didn't have much balance that his hands let loose from the whip. He roared and ran towards me holding a knife in his hands. But that very moment, policemen pointed their gun towards him and the drunk man was arrested soon. I took the kids to the hospital and got them get cared there. I bought them clothes and food and asked them to call me whenever they needed me. 


The incident was small and I hadn't done much. But my heart was filled with satisfaction and relief that I was able to help at least few kids out in this world. 



4 comments:

  1. That was indeed brave.
    You saved those children and I am pretty sure they would have blessed you.
    In the end you were a heroine and a role model for girl power.
    Congratulations and remember that no good deed is a small deed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very realistic and simple. The kids were probably filled with gratitude and appreciation for you. Super Yejin to the rescue! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must have had enormous amount of guts at that time. I would be really scared if I was in your position. Even though the incident was small, I'm pretty sure it meant the world to the kids you saved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a very brave and nice thing of you to do. A majority of people would have just ignored the situation and got away as fast as they can. In my religion we believe that 'dharma is karma' and you just gave a mere example of it :)

    (have to say, you've got skills. caught a whip with a stick huh? that's awesome :D)

    ReplyDelete