Thursday, January 26, 2012

ANC 46: Good and Bad in me

86. How would you describe yourself as a human being? What quality do you like best in yourself and what do you like least? What quality would you most like to see flourish and which would you like to see wither?" (Bates College)


I'm an incomplete human being. I am neither perfect nor horrible as a human being in this world. Still developing, shaping, learning, and improving, I am a human being just like others in the world trying their best through many ways to become a complete human being. 


Half of me is perfect. By socializing, being kind, serving, participating, and expressing ideas and opinions, I have respect from friends, family, teachers, and people around me; they like me as who I am. In return, I have gratefulness towards them. By putting efforts in everything I do and trying to do my best, many people think I have a wonderful status in life, with good grades, friends, and family. 


Half of me is horrible. While showing great facade to people, I display the most horrifying behavior towards the people closest to me. I show anger, hatred, jealousy, enmity and turn away from them when busy with my work. Selfish and stubborn, I hardly listen to anyone when I have my opinion. Narrow-minded and careless, I've faced many blockades trying to stop me from wrong path, but I trespass those with recklessness and heedlessness.


Only if I developed more caring heart, more open-mindedness, more faith, more trust, and more love, and only if I deterred hatred, anger, enmity, jealousy, narrow-mindedness, and doubts from growing, then would I perhaps get out of horrible half of me. Probably, I would not be perfect but a complete human being, helpful to others in the society. 

No comments:

Post a Comment