Monday, January 9, 2012

ANC 29: Internet

232. Ten things you do when you procrastinate.

First of all, I wonder if I even do ten things when I procrastinate. When I procrastinate, time just flies even if I'm not doing anything. But just for the sake of the response, let me think and jot down what I usually do when I procrastinate.

1. "I've had a long day," I think. I look at the clock. "Okay, just one hour of relaxation." And I repose comfortably.

2. During the one-hour repose, I log online. I find that many of my friends wrote to me. I reply back. It turns out they're online! We chat. 

3. Continue chatting. I look at the clock. Oh Shoot! 10 minutes passed the time I thought I would start working. Oh well, I'll take 20 minutes more. Make it whole numbers, it's simpler!

4. I'm feeling hungry! I start looking for food. Oh, there are some yummy chips! I grab and hog. I look at the clock. Hmm dang, I should start another 30 minutes later.

5. New set of friends come online. I haven't talked to them for so long! I wonder how they are doing.... I figure that there's nothing special going on with them as one more hour flies. 

6. I miss old days all of a sudden. I look at pictures. How they refresh my memories! 

7. I get phone calls, or actually, I make phone calls. As I talk to people, time ceases to stop; instead, it flies quickly.

8. Finally, I attempt to read the prompt or the assignment. Wait, what did I read? I go back and re-read it. Wait, what does it mean? How do I do it? I've got no idea! Hmm, I think I should ask some experienced people. 

9. I ask experienced people about the prompt. They have no idea as well!  "Oh wow, guys, don't you think this assignment is so incomprehensible?" "Yeah, it's so weird!" .. that conversation goes on and on. I look at the clock. Oh Jesus Christ! What have I done so long? I need to research online!

10. I sit in front of my laptop with one and only purpose of research. "Pop!" Skype chat appears, and there recurs whole same procrastination! Whoa.. 

Trust me, I don't like procrastinating. It only makes me stay up at night! But yes, I still do procrastinate. That's all the Internet's fault!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment