Saturday, January 14, 2012

ANC 34: Hiding in music

222. Where you go to hide and why


Everyone must have experienced a time when they want to move away from all the happenings in life and take a rest in a hiding place that no one can find. I want to hide sometimes when I can't bear with the stress and pressure from the society. I've tried to hide several times but often was caught by others. 

After many trials, I've figured something. There is no place to hide in this world. Wherever it is, people will find out and the hiding place will be lost. Hence, I've come to a good decision. When I want to hide, I play the piano. The music room is not the best hiding place, but it's the perfect place to avoid the stress and pressure. Once people see me playing piano in the room, they'll simply think that I'm practicing and pass me by. They don't interrupt or disturb me. In addition to the advantage of my time without disturbance, when I play piano, I get to enjoy and forget all the stress I've faced. As piano has been my first instrument since I was five years old, I can make my own music as I play without any restrictions which are often shown in music sheets. Through my style of playing, I feel free. 

Rather than hiding in a place, worrying that people will find me, I chose to play piano although people may see me. By exposing myself to people blithely, people will pass me by more often. By playing piano, I feel free. Most importantly, playing piano ultimately enhances improvement in my piano skills: emotions, style, and composing. 
I have no fear to hide now. Instead, I've learnt to bounce back up by playing piano in any situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment