Thursday, January 19, 2012

ANC 39: heedlessness

115. What is the major contribution you've made in any field of your life?


During my sixth year of playing piano, I've faced a blockade. I could no more enjoy playing piano. All the music sheets looked like disgusting, black worms crawling on white spread sheet. I was sick of playing piano all the time in school, church, and home. People only said that they envy me for my piano skills but never realized that playing piano never outstands other performers. Audiences hardly recognize that the background music to which the center-staged performers  sing or dance is played by someone behind the curtain. 


As days passed with me not playing piano, I could feel my hands getting numb, losing the touch of the keys. But I still didn't want to look at those music sheets. So I made a choice of taking an adventure. I played piano without any music sheets in front of me. My hands made out some melodies that I've never heard of before. Trying to figure out the right chords and harmony, I pressed the keys with the rhythm, style, and tune flowing in my head. Sometimes, I got frustrated when I couldn't figure out the harmony for melodies in my head, and I wanted to stop playing on my own which some people call "nonsense." But I carried it on with heedlessness


Whatever and however the path was, the adventure has been successful. I can make my songs as I play, and people who heard me do said that my music sounds beautiful. In church, school, and home, I play my music, free from restrictions and limits of harmonies displayed through music sheets. My adventure is not over yet. It will continue. I still try to make further difficult harmonies through my music, hoping that this talent of mine will be used to help others at some point of time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment