Sunday, January 15, 2012

ANC 35: Socialization+Responsibility

169. Of all the things you hope or expect to gain from your college experience, which two or three would you place at the top of your list? Explain what you want to gain and why these experiences are most important to you.


Once I get into a college, I want to have more social experiences and get more responsibilities. I believe that college being the place where students learn to face society, I need to ready myself by putting myself in the small society of college.

With different kinds of people, at some point in my life, I'll have to co operate with people who I can never understand. But at the same time, if I really want to be at the apogee in any field, whether in jobs or pride, I need to learn how to balance among different people in the society. I believe that's what social experiences in colleges will help me learn. More importantly, through social experiences in college, I'll be able to gain more friends who would support me in life. Friends are crucial to me; I need them to share what I feel at different curves in life, to encourage me in difficult circumstances, and to rectify when I make mistakes.

This interdependence within socialization requires great responsibilities. Reponsibility comes from trust and honesty from each individual. By having a friend, I have the responsibility to be trustworthy and honest with him or her. In order to develop such responsibilities, I need to learn and experience step by step, starting from school and stepping onto the next level in college.

Learning how to be a helpful and good person in the society is my priority, and that's what I want to prepare and get educated through college.

No comments:

Post a Comment