Friday, January 27, 2012

ANC 47: Wednesdays

123. How do you feel about Wednesday? (U of Chicago)


There are two different feelings depending on my condition on different Wednesdays. 

As soon as I realize that it's Wednesday and think in my mind, "Oh, man, it's only Wednesday," it means that that particular Wednesday is going to be a very slow, boring one. Monday and Tuesday seemed like two weeks already, and today is only Wednesday, which means there's still Thursday and Friday to go. That's 24 hours of Thursday, 24 hours of Friday, and 12 hours of today... in total 60 hours more, which is 3600 minutes, 216000 seconds long...! Oh my God. I sigh. And trust me, throughout that day, my mind is full of how to make the time flow faster. Sometimes I feel Wednesday is even worse than Mondays. At least I'm prepared for Mondays by taking good rest during Sunday evening! But Wednesday just makes me feel stuck in the middle of the week, reminding me of stupid things I've done past two days and demanding more energy to survive next two days. 

But surprisingly, more often, I get a different feeling. I do not realize that it's Wednesday in the morning. All I can feel is invigorated body and mind. Good night sleep, good breakfast, and good weather.. As I gaze at the blue sky, I then realize. "Wait.. Oh my gosh, it's already Wednesday?" And from then on, I think I don't have much time. I had so many things planned to do this week. I have fun in everything I do that day and try to do my best to not have any regrets later. Tomorrow is Thursday, and the day after is Friday! Only two more days and this week's going to pass and never come back in my life. 

The two feelings I go through on Wednesdays are so different from each other that sometimes I feel like someone puts magic on me while I'm asleep on Wednesday dawns. But I guess what really matters is what I think in the morning. I say to myself that Wednesdays are the best days in the week because it's the day I can reflect back on my behavior past two days. If I had made any mistakes, it's fine because I have two more days to fix them! If I had spent two past days perfectly, I have more chances of completing this week with happy ending! 
Wednesday makes me feel like I have magic powers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment