Tuesday, January 3, 2012

ANC 23: video chat

25. Select a technological innovation of this century and discuss its effects on your family, local community or nation. (Notre Dame/93)


Among all the technological innovations of this century, there is one particular innovation that helps me and my family greatly; Video chat. Video chat allows communication between people in  long distances through the internet. 


Video chat surely has helped our family in many different ways. All my family members live in different places. My grandmother and grandfather live in Kyunggi-do, Korea, my aunt and uncle lives in Seoul, Korea, my mom lives in Bangalore, India and I mostly live in my school located in Mussoorie, India. With such great distances, my family can hardly ever contact altogether. At times when we miss each other, we feel disappointment that we cannot be at one place altogether. But video chat made us possible to see each other altogether. Through it, we could see and hear each other. Talking and seeing each other, we now video chat at least once in every week, making us feel more comfortable with the places we are in. Even to other families like mine living in different places, video chat is so efficient that one of the couples I know got permission to get marry through a video chat!


Video chat has a great effect on community and nation as well. Companies can contact each other through video chats to discuss about urgent issues and cooperation. Astronauts in the space show the wonderful scenes of galaxy to people on earth. All of these communications through video chat help in development of our technology, society, and world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment