Thursday, January 12, 2012

ANC 32: Penguin

173. If you had to describe yourself as an animal, what animal would you select and why?


Cold as winter, I hatched out on this world during the period of cold war between my mom and dad. But in spite of the coldness, I grew up in a warm environment under the wings of my mom. Like a penguin mother carrying her baby on her feet, my mom raised me with care, love and warmth. 

When I was a little grown, around 5 years old, when I could walk and communicate, my mom stopped carrying me on her feet. I was taught to walk my path of life on my own like the baby penguin that was let alone. Through this phase, I learnt to socialize. Known as "the most social of all birds"  (http://www.seaworld.org/animal-info/info-books/penguin/behavior.htm), the baby penguin faces friendship, enmity, and different curves of life. 

As the baby penguin grows up, it goes through the phase of changing feathers from grey to black in color. Once the penguin has the black appearance, it is called the "Emperor." But in order to maintain that title, it requires to preen its feathers frequently. The same applies to me. I am called an A student by other people. But I need to work in order to maintain that title. 

Without effort and socialization, I am not capable of being at the top just like penguins. 

1 comment:

  1. Penguins are great majestic birds and I like how you are able to connect yourself to them. Of all the animals out there, I find it interesting that you identify with a penguin.
    I think you could improve this by explaining either more on what the penguins actually do as they grow up or by writing more on how it connects to you.

    ReplyDelete