Monday, January 23, 2012

ANC 43: Summer before college

174. If money and family obligations left you entirely free, how and where would you spend the summer before college?


To me, high school means many things; it is really special. Grown as a missionary kid, I could not dream of getting into an expensive international school every in my life. I had always attended public school or local school in India, which cost maximum $1000 per year. Only with many supports was I able to attend the 1st ranked international school in India. 

Hence, leaving high school to proceed to college is a very special occasion for me. And I believe summer before college will be the perfect time to reflect all this value. First of all, I want to visit all the people who supported me and made it possible for me to attend high school: support either in money or prayer. And I want to return happiness by telling them that I could get into a good college only because of their support. That will make both them and me happy. 

Then, I want to have a party with all of my high school friends, including the people I wasn't very close because of competition. Only because of them was I able to pass through the difficult studies and dorm life in high school, and only because of them was I able to focus studying among competition. As mentioned, my high school life was dorm life. That just makes my high school life very special. I have so much memories shared with each one of my friends, dorm teachers, and school teachers. I'm sure I'll be busy once I get into college, so I want to have all the fun I can with them during summer. The best place for this will be beach! I can already imagine all of us swimming, eating, and chatting under the sunlight with cool breeze and ocean in front of us. 

Lastly, I would go to a village in a valley where air is fresh and scenery is beautiful. Before going to college, I should reflect on my life so far and get ready to face the reality of life laid in front of me. I would write journals, take pictures, hike to mountains, and breathe in healthy air. I would make posters full of pictures of people who helped me, friends who will face college with me, and my family that has always supported and encouraged me. 

Through these three things, I am sure that I will get a new determination to start my college life. By remembering gratefulness, friendship, and freshness, I will have so much adventure in college.

No comments:

Post a Comment