Saturday, January 7, 2012

ANC 27: Expression

158. What do you think people who know you would be surprised to learn about you? Limit your response to one page.(Rice University)


I am horrible at expressing myself. People who know me would not only be surprised but also deny the fact that I'm not able to express. Yes, it's true that I do tell people my opinions directly. I can't express myself in only one particular area: express my affection. 


Expressing my affection is very hard. I try to say those three words "I love you," but it's very hard, and I often fail to do so. Instead of showing my true feelings, I usually pretend to be phlegmatic. Sometimes I even show anger for no reason. I just feel embarrassed. Being honest with my feelings makes me feel like I'll lose something precious. Perhaps, I do not have any courage. I'm not brave enough to even express my true affection. 

I hardly ever show my mom that I respect her the most in this world. I nearly never told my grandparents that they are the most wonderful, lovely supporters. I let go the chance to fully show my feelings towards my beloved. 

My mom says that I'm cold-hearted. One day when we were watching a Melodrama, she looked at me with her eyes filled with tears. I plainly told her (pretending indifference) not to cry over a drama imagined by men. I really did not want her to cry and controlled my tears. She then replied that I am such a cold girl with no empathy. She said that she does not understand how I, her only daughter, could be so different from her warm heart. I couldn't say anything else but "Perhaps, mom. Too bad!" in a jocose tone. 

But to be honest, I sometimes do cry when I watch Melodramas, I sometimes cry over real happenings in my life though my mom says she has never seen me cry after the age of 10. I am horrible at showing my emotional inside to others. And others would be surprised if I said that I am in fact quite emotional, not only in positive way but also in negative way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment