Sunday, January 8, 2012

ANC 28: Amorphous

15. If we could only admit one more student to the University of Pittsburgh, why should it be you? (University of Pittsburgh/94)


Since I was 5 years old, I learnt many things: Ballet, Tae Kwon Do, Swimming, Piano, Violin, Vocal, and so on. I've attended different kinds of schools: Korean public school, Indian public school, Indian private local school, Indian private international school. But I am not an expert in any field. I'm not specially talented in one particular area. There are many more people out there doing better in everything than I am. 


My point is that through my experiences at different places of different tradition, I've learnt that I'm not an expert who is molded, shaped, and carved beautifully. I realized that I am amorphous and shapeless. But that is what makes me qualified to be the one student to be admitted to the University of Pittsburgh; I can be well-shaped by University of Pittsburgh. 


I have no judgement or prejudice about anything beforehand. I'm ready to be patient just like how a china is patient in the hot fire for hours and hours. I will gladly take in observations, knowledge, and experiences. That's the advantage I have. That's the uniqueness I have among all the other unique people in this world. And I guarantee that my amorphousness will get complete support of my sincerity and hard work. 


That is why I should be the one to be admitted to the University of Pittsburgh: I am ready to be a earnest, passionate learner.

No comments:

Post a Comment