Saturday, December 31, 2011

ANC 20: Sunday

43. Explain how your experiences as a teenager significantly differ from those of your friends. Include comparisons. (University of Puget Sound)


"Rrrrr...Rrrrr..." 
My noisy alarm woke me up. Turning off the alarm, I slowly crawled out of the bed, looking at my roommate still busy sleeping. I came out of the room. The dorm was in dead reticence. I went sluggishly to the bathroom with a towel and a soap.  Looking at myself in the mirror, I sighed once. I got only five hours of sleep. And I had a premonition of recurring sleepless nights for the next five days. 


I drew a small tick beside my name on the notice board and wrote "Gone to church." I stepped out of the dorms. The clock showed it was 9:00 a.m.. It was a refreshing Sunday morning. I felt the cold, halcyon air which my friends probably wouldn't have breathed in at this hour of a Sunday. 


In the silent church, I played the piano, warming up my hands. People holding Bibles started to come in. They sung the hymns to my music. After the service, I had lunch with couple of people - so called "Fellowship time." 


By the time I came back to dorms, it was 4 o'clock. As I walked the corridor to my room, I saw few friends studying, few chatting, and few sleeping. I went into my room; my roommate was watching movies. She spotted me. "You went to Church again?" she asked. 
"Yeah, as usual" I replied blithely. 
"Man, I don't know how you manage to go to Church every Sunday. I haven't seen you miss one! Don't you get tired at all?"


Oh, well, I do every morning. But I believe that's what segregates me from the typical teenagers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment