Thursday, December 15, 2011

ANC 4: three wishes

229. Three wishes

Looking at the pretty night sky, I thought about the magical tales of Aladdin. If only I could fly on magical carpet in the night sky just like Aladdin... That very moment, I found a shooting star so bright and quick as any other ordinary shooting stars. Yet, there was something weird about the star. And it didn't take too long for me to realize that the weird thing about the star was that it was falling towards me, closer and closer, as if it's going to hit me... and... Boom!

"Hi, dear!"

...a fairy...? Well, that old lady with a nice smile, holding a thin, strange-looking stick certainly does look like a fairy.

"Now, I know that you already guess I am your fairy. So, go ahead and tell me your three wishes. I'll do anything for you," said the fairy.

"Oh, my.. I always dreamed to have this kind of thing happening to me! Don't worry, I'm not going to take a long time. I already have three wishes in my mind well planned for years now," I replied enthusiastically. "First of all, I would really love to stay with all my family members: my mom, grandfather, grandmother, aunt, uncle, cousin. We never really got to stay altogether since my mom and I stayed in India while others lived in different places in Korea. Secondly, I would love to have lots of time!"

"And what do you mean by having lots of time?" asked the fairy.

"Oh, well, I want to learn lots of things: archery, Japanese, basketball, football, swimming, conducting, flute, dance, and the list continues! But I don't have any time to do that now. I need to study and only study for colleges and jobs for life. Only if I had more time, I could use it more wisely to learn more varieties of things I am interested in! I want to experience more as I learn. There are so many things to discover in this world."

"That's a really good wish. I always thought 24 hours in a day were too less for humans to do things they want to do in life! But my friends were always against me. Anyway, and your last wish is?"

"My last wish is... having lots of money."

"Oh! well, I thought you were somewhat different from other humans. But you are greedy just like them. Hmm, I am quite disappointed!" The fairy looked at me in disgust.

"Well, please do understand. I do agree that greedy is part of the reasons i want to have lots of money. But there is an explanation. As I lived, I've experienced how hard it is to help others when you don't have enough money. Of course, there would be many ways to help others, but ultimately we wait for sponsorship from people who have money. And when we wait and wait eagerly for the money to reach from those greedy rich people, I realize deeply that the rich gets to decide everything ultimately whether it is good or bad. I really want to help people in this world. If I had money, I could help them whenever I want to without waiting helplessly."

The fairy looked  quite amazed with my explanation, and she decided to make my three wishes come true. I could slowly hear my family members talking in a house, I could feel my day becoming longer and longer, and I could see amount of money appearing beside me.. more and more money... coins and notes... and it's making a mountain that I can't see anything in the front.. and.. and..

I found myself lying in my bed beside which, on the wall, is a note with my three wishes written. 

No comments:

Post a Comment