Saturday, December 17, 2011

ANC 6: Observations

236. What are some things you observed today?

I looked down the houses, lands, mountains and the sky through the window of a flight to Korea, realizing how small a big field looks up from here. It's just a part of the big, giant, beautiful world. And then I realize how small I am.

Looking around in the aeroplane, I find a couple sitting next to me. The couple is sleeping, holding each other's hand. And then I realize how sweet love is.

I come out of the gate and notice that my grandparents are standing and waiting for me anxiously. As soon as our eyes meet in the air, I sense their happiness all through their faces, waving hands, and running feet. And then I realize how great parents are.

I open my house door and find my little cousin brother starring at me. I say, "Hello!" and he runs away, smiling and screaming. And then I realize how innocent kids are.

I take a walk to the market near home. I hear noises from a tree. I turn towards the tree and find a bird combing the feather of the other. And then I realize how caring animals are.

As soon as I enter the market, I find varieties of food I couldn't find in my place of studying, India. There are more people to buy food at one place. Yet, the line is so mannerly maintained here in Korea. And then I realize the importance of education and development of a country.

I decide to buy lots of stuff to fill my small stomach. As I walk back, I find a man without legs begging near the food garbage. And then I question myself: what am I doing in this world?


No comments:

Post a Comment