Thursday, December 29, 2011

ANC 18: Life = Respect

107. What is your approach to life? Reveal your life philosophy.


Oh, well, philosophy was once my favorite subject of interest just like how other adolescents are interested on the subject matter. And my favorite question among many curiosities of this world was "What is life?" 

Some people say life is all about adventure, some say it's all about money, some claim it's about religion, and so on.  But I don't think I can define life. As suggested by the word philosophy, there is no particular answer to this question. Life is simply life, depending on whichever way we perceive it. 

I personally do think that life is closest to respect. From the very beginning of life in the womb of a woman, every baby goes through a phase of respect either in receiving or giving respect. Through infanticides, babies lose respect from their parents. Through cavalcades of choices, people gain or lose respect from others around them, including teachers, employers, and society. Passing all these phases, people most importantly come to the most important thing: choosing to respect their own lives or not. These days, the suicide rates are increasing. It's just a bummer that people fail to choose to respect their lives. 

I respect my life. And I will make it prosper by respecting others rather than me alone in every choice I make. 

No comments:

Post a Comment