Monday, November 28, 2011

Challenge 28: Choices

165. What confuses you most in life, and why? (University of Virginia)

Making choices is the most confusing experience I face everyday in life. Every second, every moment, there's something that you need to make a choice on.

There are times I make rash decisions and choose wrong paths. A good thing about rash decision is that I don't get stressed out when I make a decision, however, when dealing with consequences due to that rash decision, I realize how stupid I was in making that choice. The consequences are sometimes so hard to deal with; how much ever I regret not studying for my exams but watch TV and surf the net, I cannot change my grades once the report card is out. This regret I feel after consequences due to rash decisions makes me think before making a decision. But to my surprise, thinking before decisions doesn't help me all the time.

I remember that once I made a perfect schedule for my exam studies. I wrote down the timings, the subjects to be studied, the chapters to be revised, and so on, in a sheet of paper. I thought and thought for so long to make that schedule perfect, even calculating time that would be taken for my lunch, dinner, break time, music time, and so on. As soon as I was done, I stuck the schedule sheet on the wall near my desk so that I could study effectively. But well, due to choices my mom made to take me out for dinner, my whole schedule got cancelled for that day. The next day, there was a guest in my house, the following day, my mom's friend. Everyday was a series of choices; spend time and give respect to my mom and her guests, or stick to my schedule no matter what?

Well, I chose to follow my mom's choice, and I don't regret that choice. But I do think sometimes that my grades might have been better if I took that time I spent with my mom to study more. The point here is that whether I made rash decisions or thoughtful decisions, there's some sort of feeling that I could have made a better choice. This makes me confusing all the time when I am to make a decision.




No comments:

Post a Comment