Sunday, November 27, 2011

Challenge 27: Smile

19. Write your own essay question and answer it. (Kalamazoo College/93)

What is your weakest yet strongest point? 


People say that smiling is the best cure. But is smiling always the best? It surely helps me to get through days of my life very smoothly with many advantages; people say that they love my smile because it makes them cheerful and enthusiastic. I try to smile always whether I am angry, sad, happy, or discouraged. 


The problem with this is that I've learnt how to be adept in smiling even when I have complaints in my mind. I keep my complaints inside and don't let it out when I need to. This leads to increase in uncomfortable mood around some people I have complaints about, which ultimately makes me stay away from those people. It's horrible how this keeps me away from people who are very important in my lives. And once you are away from a person, it's hard to get back to good relationship. 


Smiling may be good or bad depending on situations. However, I feel that regardless the circumstances, whether they are situations that lead to uncomfortable atmosphere around people or not, if I smile, things will be better because smiling simply is an emotion that expresses happiness and satisfaction. Because, smiling is better than crying.  

No comments:

Post a Comment