Thursday, November 24, 2011

Challenge 24: MK

23. If you were to write a book, on what theme or subject matter would it be based, and why? (Stanford, 93)

It is one of my goals in life to write a book. I thought of doing so when I read a book about a 16 year old girl who got admission in 10 Ivy League colleges after her studies at Korean high school. In her book, she explains how she studied, worked, and so on. The book really helped me, however, it seemed like many other books suggest almost the same method as the ones she did.

Then I promised myself that one day I would write a book about the kids who are like me, studying outside of Korea as missionaries' kids. Maybe it wasn't our choice to be in particular country due to our parents, yet we can make the most out of it by learning different things in different countries. I want to mention in the book that knowledge comes from different ways, from school, studies, parents, teachers, and specially experiences. There are so many missionaries' kids I've seen who hate to be with their parents in their mission countries. I want to let them know how blessed they are to be kids of people who serve the Lord.

By living in a place where culture and tradition are different from our native countries, missionaries kids usually tend to have a better depth of understanding world and different aspects of people in the world. I feel the need to let the missionaries' kids know that they are very unique and special from other ordinary kids studying in normal circumstances. Because there are times we can't do our work due to ministry, and because there are times our parents are too busy to take care of us, we are more independent and clever in dealing with different situations.

I hope to write such a book that encourages missionaries' kids to enjoy their lives more with more happiness and excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment