Saturday, November 19, 2011

Challenge 19: Ship

134. Imagine looking through a window at any environment that is particularly significant to you. Reflect on the scene, paying close attention to the relation between what you are seeing and why it is meaningful to you. (Williams)


I look out the window at the peaceful, calm, blue ocean. It's so wide that it looks like endless sky. I find a ship floating and moving in one straight direction to reach its destination though it looks like there is no end of this ocean. 


One day, I was totally tired out and was sick of all the pressure of life I was going through due to studies, friends, and myself. I hated how I have to make choices in life. My mom saw me panicking with choices in life and gently told me about a ship. 


A ship is navigated by a wheel. Depending on its degrees and rounds, the wheel navigates the ship, ultimately leading to its destination. There is no way to check where the ship is in the middle of the wide ocean. All a navigator can do is to check the angles with the help of a compass, look at a map, and then decide to navigate the ship with the wheel depending on his thoughts and past experiences. Just one degree difference in the wheel would make a big difference in the ship's destination. The ship may end up in the middle of ocean because of one degree difference in the wheel. 


My mom told me that little choices in my life will take me to my destination in life. There is no way I can check if the choice is right or wrong. All I can do is to think again and again about my choice's consequences and be ready with all the results whether they are good or bad. Maybe it is hard to keep on navigating the ship, but I shouldn't forget that I am still moving forward. 


My mom's words gave me an insight to think and make a decision carefully and thoughtfully. The ship I'm looking at right now is also going towards a destination in the wide ocean. No landmark and no notice boards. The ship will be keep on moving till it reaches its destination. 

No comments:

Post a Comment