Saturday, November 26, 2011

Challenge 26: homework

127. Describe a daily routine or tradition of yours that may seem ordinary to others but holds special meaning for you. Why is this practice significant to you? (Barnard)


Doing homework is part of life as a student. I do not know how important this practice is to others, but to me, it is a little special compared to any other daily routines. 


My grandfather is really brilliant. He was so smart at his young age that he was eligible to go to two top universities in Korea of his time: Seoul University and Army Public University. But like it happens to everyone's life, my grandfather's life had a curve due to finance problems. He had to choose Army Public University though Seoul University was a better college because of finance difficulties. He had to walk along the path of a soldier instead of that of his dream job. This gave him a small wound in his heart, and he decided to support in all ways possible for his family's studies. 


And so is he supporting me even though he is now quite old. Knowing this, I cannot not do my best in anything I do. My grandfather helps me financially and mentally; this is the reason why I'm able to keep up with my works. Homework may be just a small thing to do everyday because it is given by teachers, and students are obliged to obey to what teachers tell them. However, to me, it is quite different; homework is a small step that leads me to my dream and my satisfaction of achieving my dream with the help of many people including my grandfather. It is out of my responsibility and gratefulness that I do my homework everyday; that's the only way I can pay off to my grandfather and people who help me. 


Being responsible, being punctual, and being sincere in whatever work I do - even though it may be a small homework - is an importance to me. 



1 comment:

  1. This explains WHY you do homework, but not HOW. Describe your routine. Is there a certain pattern to your approach to homework? Do you do certain things first? Do you study at your desk or in bed? Etc.

    ReplyDelete